Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Napping at work

I'm pretty sure that whatever job you have, you're not allowed to nap at it. I don't think many people in my profession have found anything similar to the working conditions I have had the good luck to land on, as most of my colleagues routinely work through lunch. I've done my time at that type of work, so I know what it feels like to eat a whole Druxy's roast beef sandwich in under 2 minutes. Do you know what that feels like? It feels like you are an exhibit at the zoo, because usually people are staring at you while you do it, tapping their fingers on the counter, wondering why you are taking a break to stuff your face when you could be helping them find Q-tips.

But back to the whole napping thing...I think I have developed a 6th sense to wake up when work appears. You may not know this about me, but I am actually the female asian version of Rip Van Winkle. So when I fall asleep, there is always that fear I might not wake up again. But thankfully I've never had anyone shake me awake at work - I always magically appear when I'm needed! To me, I feel this is a special skill worth documenting. Somehow I don't think this skill will be all that valuable in Saudi. That's why I didn't put it on my resume.

No comments: