Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What a sand storm looks like

I have never in my life seen the sky this colour before. I just want you all to know that I have not touched up these pictures at all and it's actually a very good reflection of how the sky looks right now -i.e. yes, it's really that colour!

When I woke up this morning...well actually it was noon =D...the bedroom was so dark I had this brief moment where I panicked and thought the apocalypse was upon us and that I should repent to be on the safe side. To my relief it was just a sandstorm - no repenting todayyyy! But what a sandstorm this is. This is the worst I have seen it here.



5 comments:

ants said...

How incredibly cool is that? It's probably cool to me because I'm not actually IN the sand storm like you are... haha

Orchidthief said...

well it was a real sight to see. I think I coughed up a lung after taking those pictures

Hal said...

What does the air smell like? Is it really dusty? Does it get in the house?

Orchidthief said...

well the air doesn't smell like anything, really. It's just dusty dusty dusty. And yes, it does get in the house, but I'm fairly particular about keeping mosquitos out so we don't open the windows too much. It's much worse in other houses.

sarah said...

thats what i imagine the end of the world looking like too :p

makes me feel like i should go to confession!